Friday, July 3, 2015

Going Solo - Chapter 1.4 - The Truth Comes Out

A few nights later, I ran into Matthew at The Grind.  He was glad to see me and noticed right away that I was not quite the same.   He started fumbling and trying to tell me about the baby but I just hushed him and told him he didn't have to say anything.


He said he was worried about his safety but I just ignored him.  I told him that he didn't have to explain anything at all.  He was puzzled but I kept him in my hypnotic gaze.


I told him that I only needed to drink from him and all would be revealed.  He wouldn't have to say anything and I would know the truth.  That was my gift -  awareness.  When I drink from you, I will have clarity and know you better than you know yourself.


He kissed me and I tried to stop him.  It was dangerous in a public place to be seen being intimate.  It could cause him more pain and heartache.


That's when he looked at me and said "Can't you see I'm already in pain?  I can't continue this but I don't know how to get out of it.  Maybe a public scandal would bring everything out in the open."


And then I drank from him.  In an instant, I knew everything that I needed.  This was not anything like I had expected.  I could see why he was afraid and I knew what I had to do to help him.  For now, we had to just remain quiet and wait.


The next morning, Hayden had his birthday party.  It was just me, but I put on the best party I could.  He won't remember it, but I will.


In an instant, my little baby that needed me began to turn and I could see that things were never going to be the same.



And there he was, all grown up and ready to start going to school.  It seemed like only yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital.  


And when I looked at him, I could see Matthew.  It was evident.  Anyone that saw the child would know that this was Matthew Hammond's son.   


That night, I had invited Matthew over.  He did not know that Hayden had just celebrated his birthday.  It surprised him, but even more, it surprised Kirby.  I did not know that she was with him and it was too late.  There would be no denying that this was Matthew's boy.


Kirby didn't miss a beat. She remained silent but the looks were deadly.  I knew that this was not how we needed to go about this.  But the cat was out of the bag and there was no turning back at this point.


Matthew began to let out his frustration and revealed what had been going on.  During their relationship, he had been with me.  He had fathered my child and he was not going to deny him anymore.


Kirby responded.  "How could you do this to me, to our children?"  But all Matthew could say was that he was done and that he would not continue this lie any longer.  Even if it destroyed him, he would not be a part of this anymore.

"You can have everything I own.  I don't care about that.  But I don't love you and I never did.  I dated you because your father was holding my contract at Plumbob Studios.  You both destroyed my brother's career I know that you can destroy mine, but none of that matters anymore."


Matthew stormed out and I spent an uncomfortable amount of time with Kirby.  

"He's not innocent.  He is not as strong as his brother."

I shook my head.  I didn't agree with her.  I kept quiet and led her out.  Once she was gone, I tucked Hayden in bed and made my way to Matthew.


He was there and he was still visibly angry.  I could see the pain on his face and he did his best to still be a good father to the boys.  


I rushed up to him and embraced him.  I knew he was in pain.  I felt powerless.

"I let Kirby and her father ruin my brother, Michael.  He doesn't speak to me anymore.  I could have defended him but I let them annihilate his career and reputation.  Kirby was in love with him and he was in love with someone else.  She had her father see to it that no one would ever hire him again if he didn't marry Kirby and sign a pretty crooked contract to their agency.  They even cooked up some embezzlement charges against him when he refused and I signed the documents.  Since then, I have had to pay out money every month for them to keep quiet.  I could have spoken out and stopped it.  I should have spoken out.  I should have protected my brother but I didn't.  I live with that guilt every day.  When that comes out, I could be ruined.  I didn't stand up for Michael then, but I can do it now."


I knew Matthew was facing some serious charges but I just wanted him to know that I was there for him.  One way or another, it would be ok.  We would be ok. 


He shared with me that he was 'contracted' to provide Kirby with two children and that the marriage had to go on with the illusion of being a real one.  The children were his, but the marriage was all a lie.



 I hugged him and told him that we would figure this out.  It would probably mean a long court case and hefty fines or even jail time, but we would get through it together.  Matthew embraced me and I could feel the sense of relief of having his skeletons pulled out of the closet.


We ended up where we normally end up, but I think it was mostly for comfort than anything else.  


I told him that I was going to give him a gift.  At first he refused, but quickly he realized that it may have been the only way out. 


While Matthew began the process of dragging the truth out into the light, I purchased a larger home.  It was my hope that he would be joining us once the legal issues were cleared up. With marriage and kids involved, I did not know how this would turn out.  But I was prepared for anything.


3 comments:

  1. Ok Matthew is off the hook with me now. He was being blackmailed into a marriage with Kirby and he needed to protect both his brother and himself. Well now that everything is out in the open they can settle their legal problems and live happily ever after forever now that they are immortals.

    Hayden does indeed favor his father more but I can see a little of Sela in him too. I look forward to seeing him grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...so Kirby can't get a man without forcing their hand. That says a lot about her. LOL I like how you brought in his brother. I remember in his bio, he has one but the guy isn't in town. Very nice angle. :)

    It's great to know that Matthew was really in love with Sela and he wasn't just playing with her emotions. Now she has to figure out how to get Matthew out of the contract and go from there.

    Hayden is a good mix of his parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm glad things are out in the open, mostly. I can't believe coercion is the only way Kirby could get a man. She must be terrible! I wonder how this will all work out l. It sounds like a mob-ish family, bullying their way.

    ReplyDelete