Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Going Solo - Chapter 2.7


After graduation, it was time to say my goodbyes.  I had decided that I was going to follow my love of Film and work towards becoming a Distinguished Director.  


A Fine Arts degree could really boost my chances at being successful and I was ready to pursue it.  For the first time, I was heading out on my own!


If only I would have stopped long enough to realize the trouble that was brewing and ready to break to the surface.


There are some dangers that we don't see until it's almost too late.  If only I knew then what I know now...


Dad wanted to drive me to campus, but I insisted that I do this on my own.  It was hard enough living in the shadow of the great Matthew Hamming here.  I hoped that I could escape that for a while at University.


Mom did her best to hold it together and I refused to turn around.  This was the first time that I would be separated from her and we both needed to be strong.


I didn't have much to take but it was amazing how quickly a moving van fills up.  It was a long drive and I wondered what it would be like once I got there. 


Pledging a fraternity was the first thing that I did.  I was amazed to see types of people that I had only heard of in books.  Bridgeport didn't have fairies, werewolves, or witches but I had them all right here in my own frat house!


The brothers all had different initiation tasks to work on.  Mine was to hold a protest at the Quad.  I was nervous at first and not sure of what to say, but soon enough, I had a crowd and things started moving along easily.


I woke up on the first day of classes and the first thing that I noticed was how bad the bed was.  I had never slept on anything quite this rough and it would take some getting used to.


The house started partying early every day.  I wondered if I would ever get any sleep or studying done.


Danny was another pledge and we hit it off pretty quick.  I was exhausted after the first day of classes, but it was nice to make a friend.


And this friend taught me how to drink....


and drink...


...and drink...


 ...oh yeah, and to drink.... 


...until I almost passed out.  If this was what college was all about, then I knew I was going to like it!


The house had a host that kept the house running and made sure we didn't burn the place to the ground.  He was pretty nice but we kept that man on his feet all the time!


A couple of the boys were practicing how to dance as we had a couple of parties lined up over the next few nights.


Yeah, this was the result of my new study habits.  It was hard to believe that I graduated high school at the top of my class.  You'd never know it to look at me now!


I tried to concentrate and stay focused, but it was torture.  Having worked in the industry before college, most of this stuff was pretty much repetitive.


But that meant that I didn't have to spend all my time studying and I could hang with my frat brother and best drinking buddy!


I had another pledge duty that got me up at 3am to paint street art at the Quad.  I was exhausted but more nervous about getting busted.  My folks would kill me if I got arrested, but I had to do it anyway.


I thought it turned out pretty good and my pledge duties started to get easier once I started proving myself worthy.  


One of the perks was that I got to be the receiver of a few massages by the pledges that weren't quite cutting it up to this point.


Speaking of cutting it, my days as a wallflower were clearly behind me.  At our first kegger, I really did cut loose.


Yeah, I got some looks.  But it sure was alot of fun!


And then I discovered girls.


And then I REALLY discovered girls!


My lab class was all female and believe me, it did not go unnoticed!  I posed nude a couple of times and, let's just say I made a few fans!


And they let me know just how big a fan they truly were!  


I almost forgot that I am supposed to be working on a degree here but how am I supposed to get any studying done when all this is open to me?!


Exams were coming and I had a boat load of papers to catch up on.  I think most of the other guys were in the same position as it was finally peaceful at the house.


But every chance I got, I was working my magic on another cute girl on campus.  I used every cheesy line and gimmick I could, even my car.  And it always worked for me!


But sometimes, the work load would just have to get pushed to the front.  The Grotto turned into a great place to escape to in order to get work done.  I love my frat brothers but sometimes they could really be too much.


But the sorority sisters always knew how to make me forget about the hard work that I was putting in.  I can't remember the last time I slept in my own bed!


That is, until this piece of work came along.


She totally railed against me for being the campus sleaze and told me that I needed to keep it in my pants.  I asked her what business it was of hers who I happened to be with?


But apparently, she had enough pull to get me kicked out of the sorority house for a month.  I don't know why it bothered her so much.


I came back after a month and tried to talk to her.  Maybe if I used a bit of charm on her she'd back off....


Nah, this chick isn't buying it for one second.  Still, I did get the ban from the sisters' house lifted so the party times can continue.  That is, until I met a girl that would change my life....

4 comments:

  1. I see that you are doing the other the director ltw for him, its probably best to get that done now while you are still in Bridgeport. I try to do the same with the EA worlds and the ltw's the coincide with them.

    Ok the guy in the mask has me a bit worried but right now I can't wait to see the girl that seems to have caught Hayden's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and this world has a hard time with the lack of homes for larger families. SP likes to fill them up and so I want to get through everything I need to do here before moving on to another place.

    Yeah, the person behind the mask is a powder keg and will be making life very different for the family soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like the look of that guy in the mask. The mask is scary enough, but the way he was lurking around made it worse!!!

    OH BOY!!! Hayden is the quiet shy boy no more. He's breaking loose. Drinking, girls, lots and lots of woo-hoo. I do wonder why that chick doesn't like him. Maybe she's jealous. I did laugh about him gaining fans after posing nude. hahahaha

    Oh wow, looking forward to seeing who this girl is that's going to change his life.

    Good luck on the Director LTW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creepy guy in a mask..never a good sign

    He sure is living it up at college! He has come out of his shell and is trying to climb into the shell of any female that comes along, hahaha. At least one stood up to him. I love that townie in my games, though I wish the college townies varied a bit more.

    ReplyDelete