Friday, July 3, 2015

Going Solo - Chapter 1.1 - Sela Delfino

My name is Sela Delfino.  Haven't heard of me?  That's ok, I'm not famous - yet.  My dream as a little girl was to be one of those glamorous movie stars and to walk the red carpet with the cameras clicking as the fans and paparazzi are screaming my name.  But right now, I'm pretty much a nobody with a dream.





There really isn't much to speak of my life up to this point.  I have a sister living in Monte Vista and a brother, well, he's kind of all over the place at the moment.  My parents both died when I was very young and my grandmother raised the three of us on her own until she passed a few months ago.


With high school behind me and no ties to any home, I am following my dream.  I am here in Bridgeport looking to break into the business any way that I can.  My biggest break came just before my move here when I was able to land an agent and he is trying to help me make it big here.  I have to trust him and see if I can make it among all the other wannabee stars here in town.




The place is small and not much but it is mine - all mine.  I just landed a job as a background extra on a tv series.  It's not much, but I am excited anyway.  My agent told me that I need to get out there and meet people, so I am heading out to this local bar near the studio.  Maybe there will be some industry people there.




I can't believe how many people are here...and I recognize a few minor celebrities!  Time to get busy and start networking!  Lenny seems nice and he is part of the paparazzi.  At this point, any publicity would be good for me.



I met Diana as well as Matty.  They both seemed very nice but not that interested in my talk of auditions and struggles getting into film and tv.  Still, it is nice to have a few people that I can talk to in town and I don't know many people at all.



Alexy is the first celebrity that I really got a chance to talk to.  He was funny and I started getting some attention just from being around him.  Well, maybe that was all in my mind, but it made me feel good regardless.  I hate being naive but he seems very patient and gave me some great advice.


Elivra was such a mystery to me.  She shared that she was a vampire and that scared me at first, but within a few minutes, we were laughing and really starting to become friends.  She warned me about some of the dangerous areas and locals.  I hope that I can remember all the things she said but the night is becoming a complete blur.


This Richie guy caught my eye but no matter what I did, he just could not drag himself away from his game of darts.  I guess it was for the best, as Elvira told me that he was one to be careful around.  Apparently, he had broken a few hearts in town already.


 Of all the people that I have met, I really feel a special bond with Elvira.  I know that she is 'different' but we really did just seem to click.  I was thankful to have found a new friend in town that truly seemed to be genuine and concerned.  Then again, I do seem to trust people a bit too easily but I just felt good about this girl.


First day at work and things are going great.  It seems that my new friend has made a few calls on my behalf.  Of all the extras, I seem to be getting noticed a bit more.  I managed to get placed in some perfect spots and the director noticed me.  We talked briefly, but Mr. Ashton was pretty busy with everyone else.



Still, my agent is telling me to keep up-to-date on the hot spots around town and try to network as much as possible.  It's alot of work to promote yourself with no credits to your name.  Perhaps this Brightmore place will be a good place to start...


The place is packed and I am excited but very nervous.  I see quite a few well known faces in the club.

I can't believe it!  Matthew Hamming is here!  I finally worked up the nerve to ask for an autograph.


He was so sweet and we talked a little.  He was amused by me and wanted to know how my first day at the studio went.


Well, before too long, things were getting a bit more intimate.  It was either nerves or the juice from the bar, but all I could think of is here I am in Bridgeport in the arms of the most famous actor alive!


It seems that one of his friends was not happy that he was flirting so openly with me.  She didn't really like me that much either, but I was too infatuated with Matthew to care.  She really let into Matthew though.


But even that didn't stop us from sharing a kiss on the dance floor!  I was exhausted but I could have stayed there longer.  Fortunately, they closed the bar and it was time to go home.


Back at work, I got promoted to Best Girl!  I was so excited.  But even more exciting, Matthew asked me out to one of the clubs in town.  How could I say no?


It was definitely quieter here and it gave me more of a chance to get to know Matthew.  He didn't waste any time showing me how interested he was in me!


I knew he was a flirt and he had a reputation but I didn't care.  Everyone knew that he was dating Kirby Wise, but here he was with me and didn't care if anyone in town knew.


I don't know what came over me but things got heated quickly and before I knew what was happening, we were all over each other in the elevator.


It was wrong but I still didn't care.  It was the most wonderful night that I had ever had.   Another exhausting night passed, but it couldn't have been any better.


The two of us never left each others side the entire time.  But when the night was over, we both said our goodbyes and headed home.  I would have loved to have seen his home.  He said he would call me and we could get together again soon.


A few days passed and no word from Matthew.  He is a pretty busy actor but it did concern me.  Things had been going so well.  I started getting really sick and it didn't take long to figure out why.


How could I have let this happen?  This was not in the plans for my career.  I can't be pregnant.  A baby now would be too much when trying to break into film.  But it was true - I was pregnant and single.


If that wasn't bad enough, I was slandered in the press and had to go to court twice just to have the case settled.  Things were turning ugly fast.


I called Matthew and asked him to come over.  I had to tell him that he was going to be a father.  When I finally got a hold of him, he told me that he could not meet with me.  He seemed cold and distant, as if he knew what I was going to say but didn't want to actually hear it.  At that point, I knew that I was on my own for the time being.  Maybe he just needed some time...


But the next day, I woke up to the news.  Local superstar Matthew Hamming and girlfriend Kirby Wise were expecting a baby.  And with that, my fantasy world came crashing down around me as reality set in.  I am on my own.




4 comments:

  1. hahaha well what a busy time for Sela. Congrats on her promotion although it seems like things will be on hold for a while now. That Matthew Hamming...he gets around doesn't he. Too funny looks like she's in the same apartment that Ansley started in. Not many cheap options in Bridgeport. I hope she has enough saved up with the baby on the way since Matt seems to be trying to doge his responsibilities.

    Great start, looking forward to the next update. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Sela, though I guess the way she's been throwing herself at the celebrities something was bound to go wrong sooner or later! And I never quite bought the whole 'I got pregnant by accident' thing. What, you forgot what a condom was or how it works? You forgot how this sex-thing works? Poor you.
    Anyway, Sela seems nice ^^ I'm not sure about Elvira being all that concerned, though, I'm pretty sure she's an evil girl! I hope Sela hasn't made al the wrong friends, things are turning sour for her as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a nice beginning for your challenge. Poor Sela got to find out quickly how rough life can be and I feel bad for her. She is new in town trying to make a name for herself and she had to do it all as a single Mom. Life is not going to be easy for her. Hopefully this experience will be a learning one for her and she won't be so trusting the next time a handsome actor who she knows is already attached comes around.

    Looking forward to seeing what comes next and the arrival of the next generation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable! but what a rough beginning to her dreams.

    Maybe she should become close friends with Elvira and send the vamp after the womanizing actor? ;-)

    It's going to be very hard for her to make a name for herself now. With being slandered, and now being alone and pregnant. She seems tough though. She'll make it happen!

    ReplyDelete