Sunday, July 5, 2015

Going Solo - Chapter 2.4

The next morning, we hung out on the beach and really enjoyed the warmth of the sun and the peacefulness of the islands.  I really could get used to this kind of life and didn't know why Mom and Dad didn't move here permanently.  They were really enjoying themselves as well.


Dad stayed on the beach while I waded into the crystal clear water.  It wasn't murky and scary like the water back home.  I never even thought about doing this in Bridgeport even though we do have our own beach.  I may give it a try when we get home but somehow I don't think it will compare to this.


Dad let me rent a wind surfer and I took off down the channel like a pro.  It was such a great feeling to be out and just gliding across the water like that.  It was hard work finding my balance but I was getting the hang of it before my rental time was up.


Dad was refreshed after his nap on the beach and we got into some play fighting in the water.  I am so glad they brought me with them on this trip.  I was having the time of my life and I knew they were too.


I always heard all the kids complain about their parents at school and how they are monsters.  I couldn't relate to them at all.  My parents just seemed to be overgrown kids in adult bodies.  


I continued to play in the water and Dad called back home.  He checked in on my half-brothers Steven and Daron.  His ex-wife was actually being very nice to him and congratulated him on his wedding.  Mom was just wiped out and took the opportunity to soak up some sun.


Dad said that he saved the big theme park for today.  What?  You mean bigger than the one we went to yesterday?  I have to tell you, he was right.  This place was amazing.  I totally owned that bull....well, mostly. I stayed on but I'm sure I looked like a geek the whole time.


Yeah, that's what I'm talking about...see that Hamming confidence coming through?  I guess being the center of attention runs in the family cause I was soaking it up.


Dad did the impossible and got Mom on the coaster.  This one was a monster and I was even intimidated.  She put on that same brave face that I had.  I knew what she was thinking on the inside though!


I could hear her screaming and Dad laughing all the way down on the ground.  This was awesome.  I just wished there was a third seat in that car and I could be there to experience it too.  Still, it was a blast watching them on that thing.


I could hear Mom at the top of this hill and what she was saying could make a sailor blush.  Dad was such a kid on this thing.  I couldn't help but smile!


He won't admit it but I think this coaster even frightened him a time or two.  I was nervous just watching them.


It was an incredible park and this coaster was a nightmare but it sure did look like fun to me.  I was trying to psych myself up to ride it after them but not sure if I was doing a great job...


This time, I think I heard Dad screaming the loudest!  It made me reconsider riding this thing alone.


Would you believe that Mom loved it?  She's pretty cool herself!  I told you they were just overgrown kids.  They told me that it was a great ride but pretty intense.  Neither one wanted to ride again so soon but said they would if I wanted to later.


Well, this was the bull conquering hero and I was not about to be the only one that didn't experience it.  I rode the whole thing and never screamed once....well, at least, not out loud so anyone could hear!


When the park closed, we headed back for a picnic on the beach.  Dad got into telling some ghost stories and at first, Mom and I played along with him just for the fun of it.


But Dad is twisted and I really was getting a little bit frightened by his story.  Here I was thinking that I was going to be the storyteller in the family.  He had me beat hands down.


Mom was not faking.  Not one little bit.  I know what she was thinking.  Yeah, the story was creepy, but it was also the WAY he was telling this story.


He's a great actor, I give him that.  But even I wasn't expecting those crazy eyes and faces that he started pulling on us.


He kept on until we were both too scared to think about going to bed.  We had a good laugh about it and hung out by the fire for a bit before turning in at the resort.


The next day, the weather turned kind of nasty on us. We had to check out of the resort that morning and spent the day on the houseboat.  Well, Mom and Dad did.  I was under it scuba diving with an instructor.  It was nice to give them some more alone time on their honeymoon.


Dad serenaded Mom off the back deck of the boat when the sun went down.  I'm sure she loved it.  I had already surfaced but was staying in the water off to the side of the boat.  I really didn't want to ruin their moment.  My highlight was that I found another shell for my collection.


As we waited for the taxi boat to take us to the airport, we caught one of Dad's old movies on cable.  It was a pretty awful movie.  It was his second movie and he HATED it.  I couldn't help but tease him a bit about it.  Mom tried to pretend that it was good but eventually all three of us were laughing and joking about how bad it was.  Dad did have a pretty good sense of humor about it.  Mom and I kept quoting the bad lines all the way home on the flight back to Bridgeport.  He had the last laugh though.  He told us that he still gets royalties from that film and although he hates the movie, he loves the paycheck!

This was an awesome vacation/honeymoon. We all had the time of our lives and I will never forget it.  My folks made me feel like the luckiest kid in all of Bridgeport!


3 comments:

  1. I loved seeing the family bonding time and you really can tell how close they really are. Its also nice to know that Matthew still has a relationship with his sons from Kirby and he gets along with her now at least for the kids sake. Hayden seemed to get braver and he did attempt the rollercoaster on his own this time. I'm sure this family vacation was too short for them as they all seemed to have a wonderful time and none of them wanted it to end. I look forward to seeing what will life be like for Hayden when he goes back to Bridgeport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great set of chapters. Those coaster parks you added to the town look fun, and scary, but still fun. :) I'm glad they had that time away to bond as a family. Matt is a great guy and it's nice that Kirby is even gotten things together and lets him have a relationship with his other sons.

    I loved the line about him feeling lucky to have such great parents. Most teens do think like his school mates do. Hopefully school won't be too hard on him when he gets back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that's great that they had such a wonderful time!

    Is it a MOD that lets you vacation in regular worlds or was that save file trickery?

    ReplyDelete