Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Going Solo - Chapter 2.6

They say the crime rate in Bridgeport is getting out of hand.  Well, it is very true, sadly.  Our second night in the new house and we had a most unwanted visitor drop in.


Dad had insisted that we put in an alarm system.  It was expensive, but definitely worth it.  This lady was known to be particularly vicious and had slipped past the law many times.


The police arrived just as she was confronting Dad.  He had no way to protect himself but man, he was brave.  He just stood his ground and didn't show any fear at all.


Once the police had arrived and apprehended her, Dad couldn't help himself but to taunt her a bit.  Mom was just in shock and passed out from all the excitement.


She turned and I could see daggers in her eyes when she looked at me.  I hope I never run into this lady again in my life.  Maybe they will lock her up for a very long time.


The police officer apprehended her and assured us that she would be prosecuted to the fullest extent.  Dad checked on me and I told him I was pretty rattled but felt safe now.  He carried Mom up to bed and waited for her to wake up to make sure she was ok too.


Dad's ex Kirby has been kind of strange lately.  She never lets the boys take the bus anymore and I barely get to see them outside of school.  I wave to them from the bus as I see them pass by every morning.


Daron is a freshman now and he's just as outgoing as ever.  He even started dating Al Wordy this year.  Steven still barely talks and keeps to himself alot.


Dad got to come to school and teach an acting class.  All the girls in my class tried their best to flirt with him, a few teachers as well.  It was gross!  Glad I am graduating soon.  But it was a good class that he taught!


Have you met Cindy?  Wow!  Mom asked me why I keep leaving my wet towels and clothes on the floor.  She says I never used to leave my bed unmade.  I shrugged and said 'I dunno..." but Dad was grinning ear to ear.  He knew EXACTLY why I left my room a mess.  He laughed when I gave him my 'cat that ate the canary' grin!


Maybe Dad was impressed with the new maid as well because he started working out and jogging in the afternoon.


The truth was that there were a few new 'it' boys on contract at the studio and he knew he had to keep in shape to compete.  Plus, he about lost it when he found a few gray hairs.  


The studio had another wrap party and one of the set carpenters passed away just as the party started.  I was at home as this one was for the over 21 crowd.  I'm so ready for my birthday.  


Buster was a nice guy, always smiling and never without his tool belt.  I'll miss seeing him around the studio.


The party got postponed but Mom and Dad were at it again.  They said it was no big deal but I heard that party was insane.  Apparently, there was skinny dipping and streaking and dancing on tables....I hope my parents didn't do any of that.  Now that I think about it, I'm glad I didn't end up at that party!


But it wasn't long and I was staring at that birthday cake, knowing that I was about to be legal!  I was ready - but Mom wasn't. 


I made a wish - and it wasn't for me.  I knew that Mom was upset and Dad, even though he was excited for me, would get a little teary eyed as well.  I really hoped that they might have another kid soon - so that was my wish.


It was our standard family-only birthday celebration.  I never have been one to have a big party and this was no exception.  Dad said that I was going to come out of my shell at college, but until then, I was just fine with the three of us.


As we were celebrating, I realized what this birthday meant.  Things were about to change in every possible way.  I'm pretty scared about that but if Mom and Dad are putting on a brave face, I guess I will too.


And then, in a flash, my teen years were behind me.  


I'm a grown man and I get to call my own shots.  It was a great night, but it wasn't quite over.


Mom and Dad bought me a car as a birthday/graduation present!  How awesome is that?!  I felt bad because I know how tight money has been but they were so happy to give it to me.  I had to jump in and take a spin right away.


I got home and opened a few other presents from friends and relatives - most that I have never even met.  Steven and Daron bought me this cool shirt and Miss Kirby sent some grooming products.  It was a great birthday.


I really am a pretty lucky kid and its been a great time growing up in Bridgeport.  I hope that I can have a kid someday and spoil him or her just as much as my parents did for me.


Kids?  Nah, I'm not ready for that yet.  I think I 'm getting too far ahead of myself.


Dad talked to me this morning about everything you can think of.  I could barely keep up.  I couldn't figure out what he was really trying to say. 


But then he grabbed me and hugged me.  He told me how proud that he and Mom were.  I could hear his voice breaking as he tried not to cry.  Dad said that he loved me so very much.


"I love you too, Dad."


It was time to get downtown and graduate.  The cap totally messed up my hair but it was no big deal.  Mom kept running back and forth and I could hear her inside "Where's the camera? We're going to be late!..."


But she was stunning when she walked out and met us in the car.  I knew that she didn't want to get emotional and ruin her make-up.  We all cut up in the car and kept the mood fun while we drove downtown.


I had to get in early and get to my seat and told Mom and Dad that I would see them after the ceremony.  I knew that we would be taking a thousand pictures once it was over.  


I did it!  Finally graduated and free from High School.  I was class valedictorian and they named me most likely to be a sports star.  It wasn't what I was planning to be but I liked that people picked up on my athleticism.


Mom and Dad continue to act like high school kids themselves.  Me, I just tossed that sucker and said 'I'm outta here!"  I know Mom doesn't want to hear that so I was glad that she and Dad were too busy to hear me say it!


4 comments:

  1. Awww congrats on Hayden graduating! He is a very handsome young man. I laughed at him keeping his room messy so he could keep the maid in there. Guess those hormones kicked in just a little. :)

    Hayden had a few interests as a teen, can't wait to see what life plan is. Oh, forgot to mention in the last update, I like the house they moved to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - it came with Generations and since Bridgeport is a nightmare to play families due to the lack of decent sized homes, I just made that one work for these guys.

    Yeah, Hayden turned out pretty good - Matthew's other boys, not so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy they move into a new house and of course the burgular comes. Well Matthew was on the job and I loved how he was laughing as the police was arresting her.

    I had to laugh when Hayden was leaving his room messy on purpose, I guess he wanted Cindy to spend a little extra time in his room.

    Oh he did grow up handsome! Yep the ladies are going to notice him for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn those burglars! At least they had the security system. I can't believe how many times I forgot to install one and the house was robbed while the sims were away.

    He's a handsome young man with his whole future ahead of him.

    ReplyDelete