Sunday, July 5, 2015

Going Solo - Chapter 2.1

My name is Hayden Delfino.  Today is my first day of high school.  To be honest, I'm not really looking forward to it.  I didn't really get to know that many people in elementary school so I still feel like I don't quite fit in here.  

Don't get me wrong.  I love Bridgeport.  But for some reason, I'm just not that into the school scene.  My parents are pretty famous and that makes me kinda famous by default.  I get recognized alot.  It gets annoying but I would be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy it as well.


Still, it's time to face this head on.  I just found out that Prom is on Sunday and I don't have a date.  Today is Friday.  I guess I am going on my own.  A part of me wants to just skip it, but I know Mom.  She'd make a fuss and tell me to get out there and take a chance.  Dad would just shake his head and say don't argue, just do what your mother says.  It will be easier.  


But I will tell you what I am excited for.  My parents pulled some strings and got me a killer part time job at the studio.  I don't get to do much but I do meet alot of people coming in the building.  I just like being there more than school.


Today was the wrap party for Dad's movie.  I had to work out front as a valet.  I did get to park some cool cars but I really wanted to be inside.  From what I hear, it was alot of fun.  Maybe one day it will be my turn.


I did sneak a few peaks inside. The old man's got some moves!  I guess that's where I get them from.  I can tell that he and mom are really happy.  It was rough for a few years when he didn't live with us.  I didn't know what to think of him since mom was always upset.  But life sure is pretty sweet now.


Mom came home after the party and had a strange vial in her hand.  Dad had one too.  It was late and they told me to go to bed.  When I asked about the jars, they said that it would remove the vampire curse from them and they would be human like me.


Mom said that she really was tired of the taste of plasma and was losing jobs at work since she couldn't be outside for long.


Dad said that he really missed hanging out at the pool and was up for a movie about a guy surviving on an island.  He said that he couldn't take the role if he couldn't be out in the sun for long periods of time.


He also said that being a vampire was terrible for your skin and that plasma makes your breath really foul.


I told them "Whatever..do what makes you feel good."  What I didn't tell them was that I overheard them talking about this.  They are scared that I am going to grow old and die while they will still be young forever.  I know that they did this for me and I love them for it, but I also liked the idea that they would always be there.  Still, I guess you can't have it both ways and I am glad that I have parents that would do this for me.


Maybe its the warm blood running back in their veins but these guys are getting obnoxious.  I mean seriously, you gotta come up for air sometime.


I told them to take it outside.  I was only kidding when I said it but they actually did!  And to think, I have to take that elevator every day just to get out of the house.


Next time I will tell them to take it to the roof.  I think that is the one place that they haven't used.  Wait....did they use my room while I was at school?...oh man, I hope not...I better not overthink this!


Still, it's nice to see my mom and dad like this when all my other friends' parents are splitting up.  I know they aren't married yet.  It will be nice when they are.  I wonder if I get to take dad's name as well.  


As long as they are happy and together, I don't care about my name.  I'm just happy for them.  I hope I can have that someday. Right now, it's almost as if I am invisible at school.  At least romantically.  Sure, people know me.  I'm not the only one with famous parents.  I'm just one of the only ones that isn't dating anyone at the moment.


That could change tonight.  It's prom and I have my eyes set on someone in particular.  I don't want to jinx it, but I think I have a good shot.


Well, the only thing good from this night was my picture and winning prom king.  My crush crushed me in front of everyone and I got in 4 fights.  I told you that I hated school and it seems to hate me back.  I guess I don't have dad's luck with the ladies, although that did get him in some trouble from time to time.


And as if things couldn't get any worse, I come home to find that this was sent to me.  I don't know what to make of it but it sure does give me the creeps.  Mom and Dad asked about prom and I told them how bad it was.  They were supportive and said all the things that should make me feel better, but I don't.  The only thing Dad said was that he had something special planned and that it might make me feel alot better very soon.  Somehow, I doubt it.


4 comments:

  1. I had to laugh when he thought his parents were using his bed when he was in school. That was too funny. No kid likes to think about their parents that way but in his own bed! I feel bad that Hayden is having a hard time with school but hopefully that will change in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha on his parents in the elevator and his bed. Poor guy, I'd be taking the stairs and asking for a new mattress just in case.

    Aww it's sad he dislikes school so much. Goes to show that even with famous parents it doesn't necessarily make you popular. :( Hopefully he'll find his way in life soon.

    Wow...his parents cured themselves. That was a twist I wasn't expecting. If anything I thought they'd turn Hayden. I'm looking forward to the wedding. It sounds like Hayden will take on his father's name when that happens and I'm sure that will make Matthew very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never actually made a vamp sim human again! I think it was kind of sweet, and no expected.

    ew, no teen wants to think about his parents bumping uglies....

    Haha I had one of those gnomes with my second gen but it went missing somewhere along the way. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guessing Matthew wanted to roll in "Isle of the Midnight Sun" but Brandon got it instead..Haha Love it.

    ReplyDelete