Sunday, July 5, 2015

Going Solo - Chapter 1.6

Hayden left for his first day of school  It was scary for him but he was ready.  I tried to go with him but he begged me to just let him go on his own.  He didn't want the other kids to see his mom and dad taking him to school, especially since we are famous.  I told him we would not go.


We lied.  Matthew and I hid in the cab and watched as our little man walked into that big blue school.  I cried and Matthew just held me while I watched my baby growing up in front of me.


The scandal actually helped Matthew's career in the end.  It seems that everyone loves an underdog and it was a complete shock when he took home the Simmy award.  I was so proud of him.  Both of my boys couldn't have been doing any better.


Hayden's birthday rolled around and we asked him if he wanted a party.  He said that all he wanted was the three of us to be together.  Matthew and I bought him a laptop although we were still really tight on money.  Hayden had really been taking to writing and painting and was working on some comic book writing in his spare time.  


We rushed home to be with him.  Both of us were still in costume from being on set all day.  Matthew is playing a super villain in a science fiction movie.  I am playing a disgraced attorney trying to win an unwinnable case.  


I kept getting called back to the set but I had to celebrate with my little boy.  It seems the production is behind and I am still trying to get better established now that I have joined the acting branch at the studio.


Hayden was so excited.  He had no idea that we were getting him a computer and when we finally told him, he couldn't contain himself.  It was so nice to see him happy!


It was almost like a switch being turned on. One minute, I have this sweet little child in front of me.... 


...full of energy and excitement, innocence....


..and then I am staring at a handsome young man with a bright future.  I could see already that he had inherited his father's charm right away!


I was so happy but it did make me realize that time was marching on.  And for the first time, it scared me.  Not for myself, but for Hayden.  I looked at Matthew and it was almost as if we could read each other's thoughts.  He's human and we are going to have to suffer losing him one day.  I had to put that thought out of my head and enjoy the moment now.


A few days later, I got a phone call from my agent.  Apparently, all of my hard work had paid off. I won the Sim's Choice Award!  I couldn't believe it!


Matthew was on location and couldn't attend but I knew he was excited for me.  I raced to the ceremony as fast as I could.


We placed our awards on display.  Matthew had others but they were left at the old house.  He said that our lives started when we finally got together and he only wanted the things we earned together.


Hayden couldn't take the 'it' hairstyle of the moment.  The fad was all throughout the school and every boy had the same shaggy, long hair.  He cut his short to be a bit different from the rest.


Matthew had spent some time at the park with his boys Steven and Daron.  They were a bit younger and still couldn't really understand all the changes that were happening.  They also told him that Kirby was dating a man and that they had a baby brother or sister coming soon.  More and more, Matthew was finding Hayden to be more than just his son.  He was also his closest friend.


Hayden listened and would do anything for his dad.  He knew things were great here but that his half-brothers were having a hard time with everything going on.


Hayden was able to convince Matthew to teach him how to drive.  It was a nerve racking experience but Matthew was able to do the job better than he thought.  It wouldn't be too long before his son would be dating.  Matthew wasn't sure he was ready for that just yet!

3 comments:

  1. Hayden grew up nicely and I can see both of his parents in him. Its nice to see that they are a happy family now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, yay for Matthew being able to be in his other sons' lives. At least Kirby isn't keeping them from him. Hayden grew up nicely. He is a great blend of both his parents.

    Life is turning out well for both of them now after all the hardships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayden is a handsome young man!
    Congrats on the awards and it looks like their careers didn't suffer too much from all the drama.
    Are yougoing to keep tabs on Matthew's other children as your story progresses?

    ReplyDelete