Sunday, July 5, 2015

Going Solo - Chapter 2.3

Dad woke me up the next morning and told me that he had a surprise for me today.  Apparently, Isla Paradiso is also known for it's killer roller coasters.  I had never ridden one before and have to admit, I was a bit intimidated when we got to the park.  Still, I was totally up for it!


Mom chickened out almost immediately and kept mumbling something about making sure she had enough life insurance taken out on Dad.  I was scared but Dad said I was going to love it.  He said he used to really be into roller coasters when he was younger and was happy to have me to share them with again.


Mom took this shot on the platform.  I have my brave face on but inside I am screaming and ready to pee my pants again!


We made it to the top of the hill and Dad convinced me to raise my hands up.  It was terrifying but such an incredible rush.  I loved it even if it wasn't the biggest drop on the track.


I couldn't stop looking at the tracks.  Dad was trying to find Mom down on the ground but I was more concerned about where the car was headed!


We made it to the steep drop off and I literally thought I was going to fly out of the seat.  It was even steeper than it looked and we both got soaked at the bottom!


This was the first time I let out a scream.  I was kinda of embarrassed but Dad just laughed and said that was all part of the experience.  He's even cooler than I thought.


This was my favorite part.  I didn't see the dolphin until it was too late.  Dad said he didn't care much for being off the track but I finally found my courage!


Mom had to buy this photo at the gift shop when you exit the coaster.  It was pretty cool and I hope we come back and do this again someday.


This was Dad's favorite part.  I thought I was going to die.  All I could think about was that this little seat belt is the only thing keeping me from plunging to the ground.  It was here that I felt my stomach start turning. 


I held on for dear life and Dad just couldn't stop laughing and shouting out.  He loved it and I was starting to develop a love for coasters just like him.  Still, I was going to have to get used to this hanging upside down business.


Alright, I admit.  I lost it at the end of the ride.  Dad stood by and told me that nobody would ever know and that he wouldn't tell Mom.  He really wanted to get her on the coaster too.  I told him that was pretty unlikely.  He said he could be pretty convincing when he wanted be.


He never did get her on the coaster.  We finally made it back to the resort and enjoyed time in the pool.  It was nice to come back and relax in the cool water.  This place just seemed to get better and better each day.


The waterfalls were my favorite part of the pool and I think I probably hogged them more than I should.  Still, I didn't have this back home and I wanted to make the most of it while I could.


My parents didn't seem to mind.  They found the pool bar and were raving about this fruity concoction that the bartender made.  I just snickered and kept it to myself that I knew EXACTLY what they were talking about!


Dad showed us how cool he was and walked on hot coals.  I thought he was nuts but he just walked right across as if it were normal concrete.  I told him I could never do that.


Man, he wasn't kidding when he said he could be convincing.  Before you know it, I was strutting across those coals just like him.  I overheard him tell Mom how proud he was of me and that he was enjoying seeing himself through me.  


I think that's what got her to actually try it as well.  She sailed across it muttering some pretty shocking words.  Dad and I laughed so hard that I thought I was going to pass out!


But would you believe that Mom actually did it again?  I was exhausted from the full day but my parents were acting younger than even me.  I didn't know if I could keep up!


It was getting late and I discovered the buffet bar.  I could have stayed here all night long but I just about fell asleep while eating my last plate of Dim Sum.


Mom and Dad stayed a little longer and I headed up for bed.  He said we had a full day ahead of us tomorrow.  I told him I didn't know if anything could have been better than today.  Both of them smiled and I knew there night was not quite over!


I looked down after brushing my teeth from my room and I could see them both having the best time together.  It was well past 1:00 in the morning and I was dead on my feet.  These two must have some special secret they are not letting me in on.  Looking forward to Day 4 of our vacation!


4 comments:

  1. In the first shot of the rollercoaster ride you can tell how much Hayden looks like his father. I loved the way you described the ride and poor Hayden was not only frightened but he was sick afterwards. You had to feel sorry for the guy. Well later on they had more family bonding time at the resort which was very sweet. They really are a nice little family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading - Yeah, they really are a nice family and they struggled a little in the beginning. Keeping things happy for now before trouble starts brewing. Mainly just trying to get the family established at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...I agree with PG, that coaster shot you really can see how much Hayden favors his father. This is great to see them getting closer and enjoying their time together. What a close knit family they are. Hayden may have a hard time at school, but he sure knows he's loved at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like so much fun! I love rollercoaters! I am going to have to echo PG and J, he looked A LOT like his father in the roller coaster pics.

    ReplyDelete