Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Going Solo - Chapter 2.5

It didn't take long for life to get back to normal in Bridgeport after our vacation.  School was getting harder but I was starting to make a few friends.  Still wasn't too interested in the high school girls as most of them were going crazy for the college guys that were on break from school.

Leisure Day rolled around and we spent some time at the festival.  My half-brothers, Daron and Steven, came along with us.  Steven and I did our best to hide out away from all the pictures that Mom insisted on taking.  He's actually pretty fun to be around but not nearly as outgoing as Daron.



That kid could talk your ear off if you let him!  Personally, I think he just really liked talking to Dad like I do.  Steven seemed to be too introverted and was hard to read, but I could tell he was having fun hanging out.  (* Steven was 'invisible' so I couldn't grab any shots of him!)


I got busy on my comics and have started pulling in some pretty good money with them.  I don't know if I want to do this as a career, but it sure was nice to have some extra money when I needed it!


Dad took us to an old park that was originally going to be a resort.  Apparently, the original owners had some financial trouble and couldn't finish it.  Dad said it would make a great resort one day if it could ever get untangled of all the legal complications.  I hope so, because it was a great place to hang out.


Mom had to keep her mouth in check since we were in public but she really does have a competitive side.  Who knew?!


I couldn't stay cooped up inside.  After the islands, I just wanted to get that feeling back so I hung out at the pool.


This was my all time favorite thing to do.  I was really good and some of the girls were watching.  They're a bit too young for me now, but it was a great boost to the ego!


Mom and Dad haven't figured out that they are no longer on their honeymoon.  (Stupid Full Moon messes up my night shots every time!)


Summer was ending and Dad wanted to have a serious talk.  Not that one, the other one.  You know, college and what I planned to do with my life.  I told him that I was still undecided about college and he really tried to convince me to give it a chance.


He always manages to make those talks go a bit smoother.  My friends are jealous because they say their dads never just hang out and do these things with them.  I told them my parents are pretty young still and they enjoy these things almost more than I do.


Dad taught me how to throw that frisbee like a champ.  He said that if you do this with your buddies at college, the girls will notice and you can give off that cool, aloof vibe.  Told you he was subtle about that college thing - don't think he's gonna give up on that.


The afternoon sun was pretty brutal and all of us dozed off for a bit.  It wasn't quite like the islands, but it was pretty nice.


Mom and Dad surprised me with a windsurfer of my own!  They knew that I loved doing it on vacation and they had bought one for me to have here.  I was completely blown away and couldn't wait to get out on the water.


The busy and crazy lifestyle of the city seemed so far away when I was gliding out on the water.  I spent most of the afternoon just sailing, but inside I was thinking about what Dad was saying about college.


Life was pretty good right now and my job at the studio was great.  I was on a sitcom as the middle son of a popular comic actor.  It was a great gig but I didn't know if I really wanted to be one of those child actors that has their moment and disappears from the scene. 


It would be nice to have something to fall back on.  By the time night came around, I was pretty sure that I had made my decision.  


Money was still tight, but Dad really wanted to get out of the city.  The market was hard to find homes, but he found this one and before you know it, we were packing up and moving across town.  I was going to miss the city...


...until I realized that I could see the whole thing from my back yard!  It was an awesome house and I was glad that we moved.


Mom and Dad sure were happy.  I don't have to tell you that they broke the house in quite a few times.  At least the walls weren't as thin as the ones at the apartment!


I joked with them and said that I was expecting a baby brother or sister any day now at the rate they kept things up. They just smiled and never said anything else about that.  I know Mom is still trying to hit the top of her career but you can see that she wants another baby.


I got to work today and Reuben Littler, our family enemy, died right outside the front.  I don't know why he and Dad hated each other, but it was kind of sad to see him go like this.  They said it was a heart attack.  I felt bad for his family.  I go to school with his son.  He took it pretty hard as you can imagine.


Mom won the Green Orb for her heist movie that she did.  She thought she was terrible but I told her it was one of her best performances.  I would love to win an award just to keep up with the family.


As you can see, we could almost open up a store and start selling these things!  I'm proud of her and Dad but it certainly sets the bar high for me.  As if life isn't pressure enough!


Did I tell you Dad wants me in college?!  Yeah, he sat with me and helped me study for my entrance exams.  I think he is more nervous about them than I am!


I did pretty good on the exam and I earned a partial scholarship to Sim State.  I know money is still tight, so I was glad that I could help out a bit on tuition.  Dad was ecstatic but Mom seemed pretty sad.  I think she finally realizes that I am growing up and will be leaving home soon.  It makes me sad too, but I've still got to finish high school first!

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving how close a family they are. This day and age not many teens would want to hang out with their parents like Hayden does. It sounds like school got a little better for him so that's good. I'm sure the girls will be coming, especially when he gets off to college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's ALOT of stuff coming - I'm playing now and lots of stuff is going on in the background that will all start to surface. They are a great little family,,,but the drama is far from over for these guys!

    Thanks for reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet family they are, I absolutely love them. I love the house you moved them in. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Hayden in University. He sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders now that he doesn't hate school so much and I am sure the girls will notice him right away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a view! I forgot how scenic Bridgeport is. I gotta say, I keep expecting a pregnancy announcement myself.
    It Hayden going to follow his parents into the movie biz? I can totally see him at home on the water in IP..

    ReplyDelete